This particular decade reeled me ever so closely. In the midst of kids throwing paper airplanes at each other, maturity screamed calm and cool –cooler than Abercrombie and dramaaaaaa. (remember when Abercrombie was the hippest thing back in the early 2000’s?)
Okay, okay, slightly advanced for a 6th grader. Lol. Let’s digress.
Oy. Oy. Oy.
4. Sleep Early || My friends incessantly joke about my strict sleep schedule. If there’s anything I learned, it’s the lack of sleep in the real world. Those 9-5’s are no joke when adding social and personal time to the equation. There’s no reason why someone would want to wake up feeling zombie-like, right? With that said, prioritize and stay proactive in order to sleep early. Wake up well.
5. Invest In Sleep || The sequel to number 4. Not only should you focus on longer slumber, but also the bedding itself. I recently bought a Casper pillow, which is probably one of the most adult-y things i’ve done as of late. So why invest? because your body weakens with age, and why not save yourself from the future cramps and back pains for as long as you can?
8. Embrace The Failure || I’m finally loosening up and vulnerably activating my emotions and feelings. In essence, I’m becoming more H-U-M-A-N. Failure is the magic bean to success. Have you ever heard a motivational speaker brag about his or her easy road to success? NEVER! Everyone’s going through crap. Life is not all lattes and cute insta flatlays.
9. Coffee Is Better With Purpose || With life’s constant hustle, it’s easy to crave the caffeine and chug it like a pro. I found myself swerving by drive-thru’s, ordering a medium iced coffee, only to sip the entire cup (angrily) on my way to class. Rather than rudely relying on a rush, make time to relish those moments spent with every sip. Make the caffeine count.
10. Love Your Looks || Investing on a few staple pieces makes the outfit picking less overwhelming. While everyone’s concerned about people’s unsolicited opinions, i’m over here not giving a fudge cake. Stop buying for approval, causing the credit card to make troubling transactions 24/7. One of the lasting joys we can provide ourselves is to wear whatever the heck we want.
11. Start The Day With Stretch || Because cramps and midday slack are no joke. Those “silly little morning twist and turns” back in P.E. class happened for a reason. Did you know stretching can increase your daily dose of strength? It also helps maintain proper body form (which tends to go sour with age). Never underestimate the power of stretch.
12. Don’t Settle || From fickle friends to rusty rings, there’s no greater grief than claiming something short-lived. Life is too precious for dupes! Tap your inner Sherlock (detective), examine the pros and cons, and continue surrounding yourself with beautiful things and quality people. Then sit back and watch your life last a lifetime. Never apologize for the finer things in life.