My FINAL final exam ends December 19, six days before the long-awaited holiday. There’s so much to do, with so little time.
Exam week essentially took my energy and now i’m dealing with a bone-weary body. Moreover, my stress level only gets worse from here given the lack of Christmas cheer. (not to mention the nonexistent presents for friends and family…oops)
It’s hard to find valuable time for holiday fun when the busy college schedule fails to offer leeway during the day. Most of my friends buy a pack of string lights and toss that shimmer somewhere visible with tape. Done and done.
It doesn’t have to be this way. Life is too short to settle. Christmas exhibits hope, love, and cheer. It’s the time of the year when festive spirits shine no matter the obstacle.
Everyone deserves to shine a bit of ho-ho-ho in their daily grind. Here are five ways I plan to tackle the holiday spirits in the midst of finals week.
1. Curate A Personal Holiday Playlist | It’s easy to scout spotify or pandora for the hottest holiday playlists, but what could be more boring than that? This year i’m taking the time to gather all my favorite Christmas songs (like Cee Lo Gree’s rendition of “What Christmas means to me”) and creating a loooong playlist I can play throughout the day without the need for skips.
2. Custard Is Calling | You’re probably judging me SO HARD right now. But hey, to each his own. I’m going to the grocery store later this week to grab a jug (or two) of local homemade custard. Yummm. Gotta love a nice treat after a long day of studying -with a podcast for added relaxation.
3. Festive Onesies & Soy Candles | Truth be told, I only have a single set of onesies. I usually gravitate towards the traditional pyjamas simply because they’re way chicer and the revere collars are my all-time jam. A classic if you will. Anyways, a festive-patterned onesie will be worn in bed this year. Topped with a holiday scented candle while reading a bedtime book (perhaps The Polar Express). ‘Ya boy is SET for the night.
4. Writing Snail Mail | This one takes more effort. As you may have gathered by now, i’m a fan of snail mail (cue the stationery craze!!!!!) I
enjoy love writing long-winded letter to friends, expressing my appreciation through playful words and vintage stamps/stickers (another obsession of mine). Given the passion, here’s my current favorite set for the holiday season in case you’re wondering:)
5. The Christmas Mugs | Water, hot cocoa, whatever. No one should feel the need to always get a Starbucks drink to feel festive. My mug collection is astronomically insane, but this time of year makes me happy because I can maximize the holiday mugs on repeat (five mugs to be exact). Skipping the coffee line for an equally charming Christmas sip at the dorm instead.