“Early morning functions are daunting”…was THE mindset prior to conversion. Now, waking up @ 6AM feeds positivity to my soul, ready for the day’s uncertainties. There’s a gratifying aspect when spending time alone -at a time when zero deadlines and setbacks are evident.
I feel good. I feel fresh. I feel zen. Consider me a geeky early bird.
The key ingredient is inspiration. Every morning is a blessing and every blessing gives birth to a heck-load of inspo. The possibilities of such things popping out of nowhere are pretty high, given the sluggish vibe of dawn.
From quotable mugs, Bible verses, to greeneries, motivational posts, or whatever, morning inspirations are unlike the rest of the day’s wonders.
Waking up to giddy mode is a struggle (read: a daily battle), but here are some personal benefits i’ve gained from retaining this method: i’m more thankful, cheerful, with a productive spirit in between.
Immediately heading to the bathroom, washing the face, excited for the morning’s festivities:)
Seeking inspiration every morning lets the mind step gracefully on the right foot. Whenever I feel inspired, I feel motivated. And whenever i’m motivated, my glass is always half full. Those pending glories (inspiration) are ways to remind me that whatever setbacks the world has for the day, that life is so much bigger (and meaningful) than the bad ahead. It’s the little things that make life more pleasurable and personal.
Inspiration doesn’t come easy for some. It comes sporadically to many. But that doesn’t mean it has to be a jack in a box all. the. time. Here are ways to ignite inspiration straight outta bed:
1. Pick-A-Mug || For the caffeine enthusiasts. Hoarding a savvy selection of mugs (guilty) is one of my all-time hobbies. Any particular reason you ask? because I love the act of choosing “which mug suits the day.” Feeling nostalgic and want to reignite your love for travel? grab the Santorini mug from the cabinet.
2. Create a morning playlist || Dance to the rhythm of your favorite pick-me-up playlist. Try shuffling, embracing uncertainty and letting the spirit of inspiration take its course. In case you’re wondering, I listen to mo-town for those sway-worthy dance sessions alone.
2. Go for a run || Morning runs are therapeutically blissful. Probably my favorite way to liberate stress. I love taking mini breaks and soaking the scenery: watching the trees sway, dogs bark, flowers bloom, etc.
2. Listen to a podcast (or two) || It’s early morning, and reading maybe the least of your concerns. Play it in the car, shower. whatever. Podcasts let us multitask (gasp! the forbidden word!) while feeding the soul. If you need any recs, The David Madow Lifestyle Show is a great start!
4. Cook up a fun meal || I love trying new breakfast recipes. Even better? laying out the ingredients, using the recipe color palette for outfit inspirations, and snapping a bird’s eye view of the meal prep for good measure. I pay attention to every detail. Hear the bacon sizzle. Groove to a rhythm while frying. Pretending like i’m an Italian chef…lol.
5. The park || Going to the park, sitting on a bench, and watching nature do her thang. I usually bring a cup of coffee and a novel for good measure.
6. Dig through the closet || Create an outfit that’s far from usual. Playing dress-up is a process, and by the end I find inspiration from achieving the perfect look. Research says that dressing up actually helps build confidence and positive vibes, too.
7. Bring nature in/ take journal out || Open up the blinds. Soak in every bit of sunlight. Or the sound of heavy rain. Sometimes inspiration cracks through when silence and sunlight meet. Once that blissful quiet moment takes place, I typically reach for the journal and jot some jolly things i’m thankful for.