I, for one, scroll through instagram a lot. Social media finds its way in-between tasks, believing this angle of relaxation can heal my current state of bemusement.
The competitive nature of games, along with social media’s cyclical clutter, dumps more nonsense to our crazy life. Not saying either are bad, but try investing where personal benefits are high and zen can settle.
Here are five de-stressers I faithfully cling to:
1. Podcasts || At the top of the list. I like to think of it as an installation to a Pinterest board. The quotes are taken to a whole new level, granted the elaborate explanation and word play. It’s one thing to read quotes and another to hear someone’s perspective while hearing the speaker’s evident passion and zest. SO good!
2. Yoga || Man, thank God for yoga. Not only does it detoxify the mind, but the body and soul alike. Sweating out the maddness waiting for me outside the four wall i’m currently at. It’s a great early morning stretch, too, may I add! I feel invincible once the sweat rolls out and literally feeling all sorts of sore. The outcome is pure bliss. #ninjastatus
3. Jazz Music || I love dancing around (privately) with zero cares given. When the earphones are on, you can find me nodding and swerving those hips; with speakers on, you can only imagine those patterned socks sliding its way across the room while I lip-sync. Happy music lets me get into a carefree mood while busting out my disco moves! Gotta love music you can snap to also (like mo-town per se).
4. Books || I love a good easy read. One that’s compelling, relatively lengthy, with minimal thinking required. Pretending to be a character in the story activates my imaginative glint and therefore takes me into a healthy child-like state of pretend. Reading is a great escape!
5. Writing || Journaling, that is. Late at night, I like to journal my highs and lows. Moreover, jotting quotes recollected throughout the day and quirky, spur-of-the-moment mottos said by friends. Writing keeps me grounded, thankful, and living in the now. And what better way to release those high spirits than downtime?
Take pride in your busy schedule, but honor those subtle breaks throughout the day as well.